vendredi 14 mars 2008

Day 1 : Bath

After a night, certainly nice, but very annoying we arrived at Bath. The bus should be immobilized during 9 hours so, we had to wait outside (it was very cold !) between every visit for a long time...

The sites :
  • The abbey of Bath :


The Abbey Church of Saint Peter is an Anglican parish church and a former Benedictine monastery in Bath, Somerset, England. Founded in the 7th century, reorganized in the 10th century and rebuilt in the 12th and 16th centuries, it is one of the largest examples of Perpendicular Gothic architecture in the West Country. The first Saxon king, Edgar has been crowned in 793 in this abbey.



A beautiful stained glass window...


After the abbey, we had a long moment of freedom (I was very hungry !), then we visited the Roman baths !

  • The Roman baths :



The Roman Baths complex is a site of historical interest in the English city of Bath. The complex is a very well-preserved Roman site of public bathing. The Roman Baths themselves are below the modern street level and has four main features, the Sacred Spring, the Roman Temple, the Roman Bath House and the Museum holding finds from Roman Bath. The buildings above street level date from the 19th century.




This visit wasn't very funny... they gave us their f***ing useless phones (I took one in English and I understood nothing... -.-'), and I lost my friends in the baths ! (And they were eating without me... :'( )

When the night came, I met a very nice man who played the guitar on the street and while he was going to drink his beer, he gave me its guitar! And I played in front of everybody (it was horrible but in winter and outside...). It's probably one of the best moments of this trip ^^.


At the end of the day, we moved to Frome, to meet our families. We said goodbye to everybody and we went at home :p. The man who received us was very nice and he cooked us a pizza !
Finally, I took a shower, I played with my friends, we watched the TV, and we went to bed 'cause a hard day was waiting us !

Aucun commentaire: